The Year of Living Purposefully 5 Areas of Your Life Where Purpose Matters Most [Part 1 – Health]
1. Your Health. If you are like most people in the western world, you are not even slightly as fit as you should be. You eat junk and seldom exercise. And as a result you are opening yourself up to a myriad of health conditions from diabetes to cancer and heaps in-between.
At the time of writing this I am living in the UK which has just won the sad title of being the second most overweight nation in Europe.
When I read about this in the local newspaper, my mind went back to when I lived in China a few years back. And I remembered how very healthy the people were.
I was personally amazed at how much fruit and vegetables people ate.
They “purposefully” take care of their health with the result being that you can go into almost any park and see senior citizens exercising every day of the week.
And I mean people in their late 70’s and 80’s
They can be found in all weathers doing Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Qi Gong or Dancing.
Yet in the town I live in here in England I have never seen a single individual that age exercising.
But I have seen lots of morbidly obese people riding on assisted scooters.
Last year I had a prostate cancer scare. Thankfully all my biopsies were negative. But it really served as a definite wake up call.
I am now seriously determined to live purposefully with regards to my health.
One of my intentions is to lose 30 kilos in 2015.
Here Are 5 Things I am Doing to Lose Weight & Get Healthy
1] Walking 2 Hours a Day
This morning when I woke it was raining outside and my bed was very warm.
But I reminded myself that I am asking the afformation question everyday:
“Why do I attain and maintain my ideal weight?”
And the answer is definitely NOT: “Because I lay in bed and don’t exercise”
2. Eating Healthy Foods. I walked through the supermarket the other day and was amazed at the amount of processed junk on sale. I am ‘Purposefully’ avoiding processed foods.
3. Using my Bullet Juicer! I cannot even begin to say how awesome these things are. Seriously a brilliant investment.
4. Noah St John’s Afformations. I cannot even begin to say how much of an impact Noah’s breakthrough ideas have impacted my life.
5. Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture. I am seeing a brilliant Traditional Chinese Medicine Doctor in Sheffield and feel fantastic as a result of the explosion in well being I am experiencing.
6. The B.D Factor. [Burning Desire] I made a quality decision that I desire and choose health and fitness MUCH more than I desire the sedentary lifestyle I allowed myself to lapse into.
7. Doing What I Love. I am 100% “Unemployable” [and always will be]. Thankfully, because I work online and love what I do this is not an issue for me. Lately I have discovered a new sense of appreciation and gratitude for the fact that I do what I love and love what I do.
Life is way too short too be chained to a job that is draining the life out of you!
NOTE: Speak to me if you are stuck where that is concerned.
So, What About You?
Are you the weight you should be?
Are you proactively “Taking Responsibility” for your health?
Because your health is a vital part of living purposefully.
In fact, it is foundational to it.
I have seen so many people spending their health to get their wealth, only to end up spending their wealth in an often futile effort to win back their health.
Don’t let that happen to you!